► Do you have to be Catholic to attend St. Michael School and is there a separate rate for Catholics and non-Catholics?
- No, we accept children of all races and religions.
► What will the tuition be for my family?
- For the 2012-2013 school year: one child is $2546, two children are $4300 and 3 or more is $6000 but please remember financial aid is available to all who apply following the guidelines set up. **See more info under Admissions
► What types of financial aid are available to us?
- St. Michael School offers aid through many different vehicles:
- The Erie Diocese STAR Program
- The Shenango Valley Community Foundation
- Private Scholarships
- The Adopt-A-Student Program
- Bishop’s Assistance Program
** See more info under Admissions
► Can we volunteer to help and be active in our child’s classroom?
- St. Michael School functions best with the help of parents and volunteers who are able to help in many of the areas where we have a need. The complete form is listed under our form section. (see more under Current Families)
► How will we know if our school district provides busing for our child(ren)?
- The following school districts provide transportation to children in our school who reside within that districts but feel free to call them or us for confirmation:
► Does St. Michael School offer any kind of before/after school programs?
- St. Michael School welcomes children beginning at 7:30 am for those whose parents need to be at work or those that have early bus service.
- St. Michael School also offers an after school care program from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm most days of the school year. During that time your child will have time to play, time for homework and a snack with a teacher to supervise the program.
- THESE PROGRAMS ARE AVAILALBE TO GRADES PRE-K THROUGH 8TH GRADE.
► When can my child participate in sports?
- Soccer is open beginning in Kindergarten as well as intramural basketball. Swim team is open to grades 1-8, boys and girls basketball is open to grades 4-8 and cheerleading is open to grades 5-8. There are also a variety of sports offered through Kennedy Catholic High School. More info is listed under the Sports/Extra Curricular category. (see more info under Athletics/Programs)
► Does St. Michael School offer music lessons?
- Mr. Dan Hogan offers individual and group lessons during the course of the week wherever scheduling allows. (Please see more info under Academics/Arts)
► What does St. Michael School offer in the way of technology?
- Wide Area Network (WAN)—the process of being able to utilize the internet to expand on every day teaching in the classroom.
- Smart boards used in every classroom
- Computer instruction in classes K-8
- Computers in every classroom available to students
► Does St. Michael School offer any language instruction outside of English?
- Introduction to Spanish-grades 1-3-Mrs. Clara Estrada volunteers her time to teach Spanish one day a week to the students in Grades 1-3. The Espanol Para Ti program supplements the lessons taught by Mrs. Estrada administered by their full time teachers
- The WAN will be utilized beginning this school year for expanding on the Spanish classes
► How can I go about purchasing uniform items for my child?
- St. Michael School offers a uniform exchange program whereby parents trade in or donate back uniforms to the school where they are inventoried and sold several times throughout the school year as well as by contacting the school office.
- School Bells is the official uniform store that carries all our styles and a catalog and contact information are listed in our handbook under uniforms.(see more info under Admissions)